Saying of the Month


May your stuffing be tasty

May your turkey plump,

May your potatoes and gravy

Have nary a lump.

May your yams be delicious

And your pies take the prize,

And may your Thanksgiving dinner

Stay off your thighs!

~Author Unknown


Tuesday, January 27, 2009

"In-n-Out"

Is Scotty praying...maybe giving thanks? Okay.... once in a great while..... I will treat my kids to a "fast food" dinner! This is good considering I never used to buy fast food. Then my wise mother told me that I may be depriving them the opportunity to create fond childhood memories.....such as...... "One of my greatest childhood memories is when my mom would buy us an In-N-Out dinner once a month! I had the best childhood ever!" Oh, I wish! :)
When we were in the drive thru, we could see all the people inside and there were several teenagers wearing these hats, laughing and taking pictures of each other.....so Scotty wanted in on the fun and asked for a hat! If you ask, you shall receive! Hey, do I feel an idea coming on for a Halloween costume? haa haa!
Too bad D.Jay missed out! He was at his friends house! But he didn't miss out this past Saturday when the youth went to the temple to do BFTD. It is tradition for all of them to hit In-N-Out on their way home. What fun!






3 comments:

  1. Totally cool mom... I agree with the fast food crap, once in a while is good... Makes them appreciate it more and enjoy it when they do get it... Fat Friday's RULE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha! How funny! We do Fat Fridays, too! Usually the kids have $5 pizza from Little Ceasars and the they make brownies. Then Darryl and I go out for Sushi...yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute is that. We used to eat a lot of fast food, we said it was because our lives were so busy. I have recently been putting together some freezer meals with my friends and then swapping. That has saved us from going out. I can't tell you when the last time it was that we ate out. You are right it does make the kids appreciate it a whole lot more.

    ReplyDelete